Ms. Yue Cao, Esq. has broad knowledge and extensive experience in wide ranging corporate practice with an emphasis on representing domestic and international companies in their fund raising through public and private equity or debt financing and cross border mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance initiatives in the United States. She has counseled companies in diverse industries such as agriculture, digital media, biotech, medicine, mining, manufacturing, retail, and wholesale.
Ms. Cao has advised domestic and international clients on complex transactional matters, including initial public offerings (IPO) and private placements, reverse mergers, NYSE and NASDAQ initial listings and listing transfers, going dark and going private transactions, public company compliance work (SEC filings and Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance), and internal investigations and correspondences with the SEC, FINRA, NYSE, NASDAQ, and other major government agencies.
Ms. Cao is also familiar with common legal issues faced by U.S. publicly listed Chinese companies, including slow walk and VIE structure.
Before joining Wilson Bradshaw & Cao, Ms. Cao served as a partner at Eaton & Van Winkle LLP (New York), special counsel for China practice at Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP (New York) and associate at DLA Piper LLP (New York).
Tsinghua University, Beijing, China (A.B.); Cornell University School of Law, U.S.A (LL.M.).
Admitted to practice in New York
- Interviewed by Xinhua News Agency North America, Analysis of rebound of U.S.-listed Chinese stocks and more IPOs (August 2013);
- Reported by Market Update, Dealflow Report, Reverse Merger Pace Jumps in November (December, 2012);
- Speaker, The Outlook Of Legal and Accounting Issues For Chinese Companies, China Investment Group, New York (August, 2011)
- New York City Bar Association
- China Investment Group, New York
- Chinese Business Lawyers Association, New York